A Gutter Repair or Gutter Preventative Maintenance?
Let’s face the truth – gutters are the most neglected and forgotten part of your house. We just take them for granted and completely forget about their upkeep. And this continues until they either break or cause roof damage. A costly gutter repair or preventative maintenance? Suit yourself:
- To avoid rain gutters from clogging and overflowing, cleaning them twice a year professionally is a must regardless of the climate in your area. Tree leaves, branches, seeds, bird droppings, and more will not only clog them but also cause damage. To keep them healthy and functional here is what you should do:
- Make sure there are no trees or other threats to the structural integrity of your guttering. Please be advised that a single broken heavy tree branch can make a hole in a stable roof during a storm. You can use your imagination to figure out what it can cause to the gutters.
- Prepare a nice and sturdy ladder if you intend to perform our own check-ups. We would recommend you to buy a fiberglass ladder that is heavy, but strong. Your extension ladder should be at least three feet longer than the edges of your roofing system.
- Prepare the necessary materials and supplies. If you plan to inspect and clean your gutters, you can purchase standoff stabilizers or ladder horns to avoid impairments.
- Once you reach over the top, remove the leaves and debris with a gutter scoop or any other tool that fits inside.
If you live in a region with frequent rainfall and snowfall, you can purchase special gutter coverings to prevent dangerous clogging. This way, you can also prolong the time between cleanings.
As you can see, maintaining the gutters of your home only looks simple at first glance. It requires specific skills, deft movements, and knowledge. Instead of risking to fall and break a limb, you can call a professional gutter repair technician who will love to clean and fix your guttering if necessary. Cypress Gutters LLC is at your service. You can hire our team of committed specialists for seamless gutter installation and repairs at affordable rates. If you live in West Monroe, LA and need professional help, just dial (318) 557-8818.